Homeschool Retrospect #1

Little Olivia cozily nestled on my bed reading a book amidst stacks of folded laundry. (A sweet, sweet retrospect) I've been finished with formal homeschooling for enough time to wonder where all those precious years went so quickly! In retrospect it was often the little things so easily overlooked that made homeschooling worthwhile. What sweet blessings we often take for granted when we are surrounded by the busyness and work of the task! My advice for the homeschooling parent: Take time each day to make deliberate eye contact with each child God has given you and say out loud, "You are God's blessing in my life. God loves you. I love you. By His grace and mercy and in His strength, we will live, learn and grow in wisdom, grace and love"

Comments

There are moments when I look back with such warmth at our home schooling days-the sweet memories of the laughter and those precious faces and hugging arms. And there are moments when I am just so grateful that God taught my children (and is still teaching them) in spite of me.
LivG said…
I remember that picture!

That is good advice to remember for every parent!
Anonymous said…
This is great advice. I still have two finishing high school, and one that is married now with kids.

Actually, I have been thinking of looking for a prayer buddy (or a few) who might want to exchange scriptures, and blessings, and requests to pray in agreement for our kids (grown and still in school).

If you think you'd like to, just e-mail me at my blog. Our small group prays together for our kids, but I have found myself often praying at the computer lately, too, so I'd be willing...
Anonymous said…
Chris,
This sounds like a great idea. There is so much need.
I'm confused though. When I click on your name I'm directed to posts by Renee. Help me get this straight!
I couldn't follow a link for e-mail contact from you blog.
Can you e-mail me from my blog?
Laurie

Popular Posts