Holding Hands

A few nights ago around the supper table when our grandson Sean was a guest, we asked if he could remember his memory verse. He is 3 years old, so he wrinkled up his nose, shook his head and said, "No." With a bit of memory jostling and encouragement, he held up his right hand while grinning sheepishly and looking so cute and said, "Your right hand will lay hold of me." Psalm 139:10 After our rounds of "Good job and Way to go!", the adults began talking about God's right hand. We talked about the strength of the Lord's right hand and Psalm 73:23 where God takes hold of my right hand. "Nevertheless I am continually with You; You have taken hold of my right hand." I have always loved that word picture! How often have we said to our children, "Take my hand." We hold their hands so we can keep them safe or guide them and keep them close. When children exhibit reluctance or rebellion about taking our hand, it is grievous if not maddening. How often do we try to loosen ourselves from God’s hand of strength and guidance? How safe and wise when we hold hands with our heavenly Father and enjoy His leading.

Comments

LivG said…
Oh, my sweet silly boy! God is good!

Popular Posts